Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Post #7

One web based tool that would be very useful to me is one called " Remember the Milk". I like this one because I am someone who needs to right down my tasks or else I am very prone to forget something. With a web based tool like "Remember the Milk" I would be better organized and fully aware of all the things I need to get done within a certain time frame. This tool will also send you constant reminders of upcoming events which makes you stay on task and it also looks like alot of fun to play around.

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/

I think that excel will be very useful as a teacher because it is a great tool to track individual student progression. With excel I would be able to record grades and attendence. Excel also allows you to manage a budget for a field trip or a classroom party. For teaching purposes excel is very useful as well because in my future history class the students will be able to create charts explaining when things occured and the better understand how things have changed over time. For example a student could record the prices of a can of coke over the past 50 years and see how much the economy has changed over the period of time.

One case that Ive used excel creatively is when I create a weekly to-do list of all the things I need to get done. Most of these things have to do with certain homework assignments and important test dates. Although I know that excel can be used in different teaching situations, I find it more effective when trying to stay organized with personal tasks. So the for me excel is used more for student planner type purposes.

1 comment:

  1. "Remember the milk" sounds like a cool site! I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete